Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HP Quality Center takes too long to login

Any light on this topic would be much appreciated.
    We have several projects in HP QC 10. Some of them are active since long ( more than 3 years ) and few other are less than a year old.. When I try logging into the project ( select project after user authentication ) the projects with huge databases ( 8 GB or more ) takes no less than 2 minutes to get into Project screens.

And any new project just created or less than a year old login in almost instantly (4 sec or more).

Is the QC login time directly proportional to Database size of the projects ?

Does anyone experience this in HP QC ?

Our DB is MS-SQL. & HP QC v10

Thanks
    H

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: HP Quality Center takes too long to login

Issue resolved...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It would be nice if you would share how the issue was resolved so that if someone came across the same issue, they would be able to solve it too.
    Onward thru the fog...

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, I'd like to know as well, since I've ran into slow log in times before.

Spread the wealth! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Based on my observations, when QC performance is acceptable while using the application but has slow login times ( which was the case for me ) this could purely be because of the Customization scripts. ( Customzie -> Workflow ). I had a piece of code( just 4 lines ) in TestPlan module which caused the lag. Can't dwell more into the details at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

There are a couple reasons for slow launch of QC.

1. McAfee Virus Scanner. When you launch QC for the first time it loads quite a few Active X objects. If you watch the TaskMgr you will see McAfee scanning taking alot of CPU. This can slow down your launch of QC considerably. Have your admin exclude the QC objects from scanning and it will take the load time from 2 minutes to 20 seconds.

2. If you are the first person to log into the project it will take longer. QC has to establish the connection pool and this takes time. Your QC Admin can change the connection pool settings in Site Admin to increase the length so the pools stays around longer and improves performance.