Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QC9.2 Disable Delete in Comments field

In the Comments field, I want to be able to add new comments but disable the old comments from being deleted by anyone. I have enabled History so I can see who is making changes to this field but prefer if no one can delete commments in the first instance. Does anyone know how to do this?
    NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QC9.2 Disable Delete in Comments field

Have a look at Asher's last bit of code here. It's not clear what entity you're talking about, but it should work similarly on all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Haven't looked at Asher's code but I had a client with a requirement to have adding to the comments field mandatory on certain status transitions. It was a last minute requirement so I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it. What I did was saved the contents of the comment field, cleared the comment field and made it mandatory that way if the user didn't add a new comment QC would kick in all by itself and say hey you've left a mandatory field blank, fill it! After the comment was added I would append it to what was there originally. A side effect of this is that you can't delete comments on those status transitions. I'm sure the same approach could be generalised to give you what you need.

Cheers,
    Brendan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

'course you could just look for the old string in the new string and if you don't find it don't allow the edit. I mostly took the approach I took as the client wanted the QC built in code to catch the missing mandatory field.

Cheers,
    Brendan.