Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HP ALM 11.0 - Query to find test cases for reqmnt.

Hi,

I have to get a list of all the requirements in a project, and give a count of the test cases that cover each one of them.

I use the following query:

Select A.RQ_REQ_NAME, COUNT(B.RC_ENTITY_ID) FROM REQ A,REQ_COVER B WHERE B.RC_REQ_ID = A.RQ_REQ_ID GROUP BY A.RQ_REQ_NAME

But, recently modified it to the following, as I had to filter only Functional, Testing & Group types.

Select A.RQ_REQ_NAME, COUNT(B.RC_ENTITY_ID) FROM REQ A,REQ_COVER B WHERE
    B.RC_REQ_ID In (Select RQ_Req_Id from req where rq_type_id In (select TPR_TYPE_ID from REQ_TYPE Where TPR_NAME In ('Functional','Testing','Group')))
    Group By a.rq_req_name

The second one did not work, but my question is on the first one. It returns only those requirements that have an entry in REQ_COVER table. But I want all the records in REQ, and the count of the test cases from REQ_COVER.

Please help me..

Sriram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: HP ALM 11.0 - Query to find test cases for reqmnt.

QC comes with documentation on the tables and their relationships and there are plenty of sources on how to write queries. There are also a number of queries that have been posted on this forum you can use as examples.

Cheers,
    Brendan.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Brendan,
    However, I could already find tables and the data sources, but my doubt was on the SQL part. Never mind, I used other forums to search for help on JOINS, and ended up using a LEFT JOIN, and it worked.

Appreceate your help.

Thanks

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sriram,

Can you please share that script you have developed for this scenario. I am also looking for something like this.

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
    NM