Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to use IsInGroup?

Hi,

I am trying to create some workflow scripts for the defect module of QC10 but I am having problems with the IsInGroup function and wonder if anyone can help.

I have successfully used the user.isingroup("groupname") function to auto populate fields when adding a new defect as per the following example:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Sub Bug_New
    WizardFieldCust_Add ' Added by wizard
    if User.IsInGroup("Business Analysis") then
    Bug_Fields.Field("BG_USER_06").Value = "Business Analysis"
    end if
    End Sub</pre><hr />

I now want to populate a field based based on the group assigned to a username populated in a field rather than the person who is logged in?

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Sub Bug_FieldChange(FieldName)
    On Error Resume Next

If FieldName = "BG_RESPONSIBLE" Then
    If IsInGroup(Bug_Fields("BG_RESPONSIBLE").Value, "Test Analysts") then
    Bug_Fields("BG_USER_07").value = "System Testing"
    End if
    End if

On Error GoTo 0
    End Sub</pre><hr />

What I am hoping is that every time the BG_RESPONSIBLE field is amended the system will check if the user entered in that field is a member of the "Test Analysts" group and if they are it will then populated "BG_USER_07" with "System Testing".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to use IsInGroup?

I managed to find the answer on the HP forums but had to tweak it a little due to a variable naming issue. As such I ended up with the following code:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>testername = Bug_Fields("BG_RESPONSIBLE").value

If TDConnection.Customization.Users.User(testername). InGroup("Test Analysts") = True Then
    Bug_Fields("BG_USER_07").value = "System Testing"
    End If</pre><hr />

The above works a treat.