Excel 2007 to QC 11 error

I'm trying to get the Excel add-in to work in order to migrate test cases to Quality Center.

I am running ALM QC and Excel 2007

I have loaded the HP Quality Center Connectivity Add-in, performed the HP ALM Client Registration, and loaded the M/S Excel Add-in.

The Add-Ins tab appears in Excel. When I select "Export To HP ALM" from with in Excel and invoke the Export Wizard, I
    get through the URL step, username & password step, and the domain and project name step. When I click Next on the third step (domain/project) I receive the following error:

A general error has occured: Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Then I must close Excel and I'm done.

I do have a TDAddin folder in my ...Office12\XLSTART folder
    I do have a Tasks folder within the TDAddin folder
    I have also uninstalled and restalled the Excel Addin

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Re: Excel 2007 to QC 11 error

I'm still not sure what the problem was but I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Quality center on the client machine in order to resolve the issue.

The HP batch uninstall utility is not available for ALM 11, so I had to do it manually.

Re: Excel 2007 to QC 11 error

I get exactly the same behaviour after an upgrade to v11. same Excel 2007 installation loaded tests to QC 10 without an error. Some of the people within my enterprise can load tests using the same file that errors for me, but many of us get this error.

I have not yet solved it.

Googling the error indicates Microsoft knows about it -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813120 is a link to a patch for Excel 2000. But I have not found a fix for Excel 2007. Anyone else with information please jump in! Drummer, if you got it fixed, let me knwo.