\'Variable related\' best practices for manual test?
I'm currently writing a lot of manual tests and I came across a "little problem": how to properly handle variables you can only know at run time ?
- MyTest1:Click the "get a new document <font color="red">ID</font>" button and write down the newly generated ID.
- MyTest2: do something useless for this example [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
- MyTest3: Go to the 'how is my doc?' page and enter the <font color="red">ID</font> you got in Test1. Then press Enter.
- to give the testers the ability to correctly remember the returned IDs.
- to keep a trace of the returned IDs after each test campaign
Today, I just ask the testers to write down the returned ID with notepad, using a given txt template file.
Then I ask them to upload the document as an attachment of the Test Set.
What do you think about it ?
Is there a better way around ?