Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test Lab reorganization

Hello,
    I have two questions related to Test Lab organization, could someone help me.
    Mercury Quality Center 9.0.

1) In Test Lab, tab Execution Grid, my already run tests are not ordered by number. For example:
    1.3.Test A
    1.4.Test B
    1.1.Test C
    The situation is like this because I forgot something and return to the Test Plan to include new test cases.
    My question is how to order them by number. I try to done it from tab Execution Flow, but after refresh, no change in tab Execution Gird

2) How to reorganize already run tests in one folder?
    For example I have 10 run tests in Folder A, I want to make new Folder B and to remove 5 from them to the new folder, without losing any data in the run tests.

Thanks in advance

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Test Lab reorganization

I use QC v11, but I think the same basic principles will apply.

1) In the Test Lab, the Execution Grid displays tests in the order specified by the filter applied to that grid. Look above the grid in the toolbar for the button labeled Set Filter/Sort, click on that, and then use the View Order tab to define how to sort and display the list of test instances. As long as you don't clear the filter/sort settings, these settings will apply whenever you refresh the Execution Grid display.

2) I have not discovered a way in the UI to copy/move test instances in a test set so that the Run Results copy/move with them. If you copy an entire test set, all the test instances in the new set get a status of Not Run. The only way I think copy/move of a test instance including its results can be done is through the OTA API.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Select the Test Set which you want to re-order, then Select Tests -> Order Tests.

In the Oder Tests window, use the UP or DOWN arrows to re-order the tests.
    Rajkumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for ordering the cases.
    About moving run case, I can not find such option as “move” in Test Lab. Someone tell me that should be done with “move” not copy, but I don’t know where can find it.

What is OTA API, sorry I am not a professional user [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

OTA API - Open Test Architecture Application Programming Interface. The documentation is in the Documentation Library. It is an interface that you can use to manipulate QC information, but you have to write your own program to use it.

I reveiwed the v9.2 documentation. I did not find a "move" command anywhere for the Test Instances in the Test Lab. Whoever told you that "move" could be used should provide you more details. As I said before, I don't think it can be done through the UI.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks! I will be more careful for the next project.