Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Access Violation Error

When I try to edit some test case in test plan. I'm getting access violation error.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue.

"Access Violation at address 0B2DF128 in module 'QCLIE~1.OCX'. Read of address 000000E0"

Tried to reboot and reinstall the client components but that didn't help.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Access Violation Error

What version of QC are you using? Is it up to date with the latest patch for that version?

Are you addressing these issues with HP support? I had this error myself when we were on v10, and I had to get HP support to help me address it. They had multiple suggestions for diagnosing the problem and attempting to resolve it. Below is the text of the message they sent to me. This was back in August of 2010. I also attached the "Reinstalling the Client" document referenced in the message.

-----------------------------------------------
    ACCESS VIOLATION ERROR

There can be some possible reasons for this error on this case.

• First thing, this can be related with some corrupted client components. Let’s follow the attached instructions: REINSTALLING THE CLIENT MACHINE.doc to see if this helps to fix the issue.

If after reinstalling the client you still face the issue, let’s check the below steps:

There can be some possible reasons for this error on this case.

As a summary the following steps are related with:

1 to 4: apply if the issue is related with the users. I mean if the issue is just happening for some particular users, not all of them.

5: this step is in order to test if your client has some application in conflict with QC, which causes the “access violation” error.

6: this step can help us to see if there is some issue related specifically with Internet Explorer, using QC Explorer instead of IE.

7. If you note that the error just comes for one or some of the projects, not all of them, and if the prior steps do not help to fix the issue, upgrading the project can help to fix it. Upgrade a project normally have it from a prior version to a newer one, but on this case as it will be an upgrade to the same version, it recall the database tables structure, without changing the information, and has been proved fixing this kind of errors.

8. The latest step to fix this issue, if the prior ones have not helped, would be installing the latest patch for the application.

Below the details about the steps mentioned above:

1. First at all, if the issue is just happening for this user, we can trying removing / adding the user to the project. It is necessary prior to remove the user, go to note the groups the user belongs to, in order to add him to them after remove / adding process.

2. In order to note the groups the user belongs to, you need to log on the project with a project admin user, press the TOOLS button, and then the “Customize” option. There you will find the “Project users” link, where you will see the groups the user belongs to.

3. Once you have noted the groups the user belongs to, you can remove and add the user to the project, from Site Admin.

4. Now it is just needed to go to the “Customization” section and add the user to the same groups he was before.

5. If the prior step does not help, it could be a problem of some application installed on the client that can be in conflict with Quality Center. I am sending you an article about it. Please check the document and the list of these applications. Please see if there is someone on your machine close TestDirector for Quality Center on your machine and disable these applications on your machine (uninstalling them). Then, log back into your Quality Center project and try to duplicate the issue.

6. If the prior step does not help install the QC Browser . You can get if from the add-ins page.

7. If at this point the issue is not resolved, then it could be a project problem, and can be resolved upgrading the project. This process will upgrade the project to the same version, but it is a know process that can help if the issue is a database corruption. This upgrade process won’t loose any project information, no matter this, take a backup of the project database, to be cautios. To upgrade the project go to Site Admin-SiteProjects tab, select the project and press the 'Verify project' option within 'Maintain Project' button. Then use 'Repair Project' option within same 'Maintain project' button.

8. The latest option will be installing the latest patch for QC 10, which is the 14. On the ftp below you will find the patch and the readme file. I would like to tell you that if a patch is installed it will be necessary to connect to the server from every client machine with admin rights for the first time, in order to download the components.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)