get NodeByPath returns null, c# OTA

Sorry, this is a repost, but I apparently screwed up the thread subject so I'm worried someone who might be able to help might miss the thread.

I'm having trouble with the get_NodeByName method of the TestSetTreeManager object. Even if I try to get Root, it doesn't work.

Here is my code (I successfully get a connection to the domain and project, so I'm leaving that part out)

string folderPath="Root";

TestSetTreeManager treeManager = (TestSetTreeManager)connection.TestSetTreeManager;
    TestSetFolder node = (TestSetFolder) treeManager.get_NodeByPath(folderPath);

No matter what I've tried, it returns null.

Re: get NodeByPath returns null, c# OTA

Some further detail, if it helps:

The following (admittedly useless, but it proves a point) code works:

TestSetTreeManager treeManager = (TestSetTreeManager)connection.TestSetTreeManager;
    TestSetFolder rootNode = (TestSetFolder)treeManager.Root;
    TestSetFolder getNode = (TestSetFolder)treeManager.get_NodeByID(rootNode.N odeID);

That returns the root node. However, if I replace that last line with:

TestSetfolder getNode = (TestSetFolder)treeManager.get_NodeByPath(rootNode .Path);

That returns null.

What gives?! It's driving me nuts. As a work around I CAN use IDs instead of paths, but that's a lot of extra work. Paths are readily available and easily constructed in the code I have so far, keeping track of IDs will be a pain. Getting NodeByPath to work would be a huge complexity savings.