Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Upgrading from QC10 to ALM11

I am upgrading QC10 to ALM11, i have installed ALM11 on a new server and the plan is to move the projects from the old Server which has QC10 to the new server with ALM11.

I am unable to import projects, i have exported a project from QC10 to a shared drive with a file type of .qcp

I then go into ALM11 and select to import a project and it all works until i get to the create project section and i get an error message of " Project does not exist in domain 'Projects' with the following details

Failed to create project 'for';
    Failed to delete project;
    Project 'for' does not exist in domain 'PROJECTS';

Stack Trace:
    com.mercury.td.saserver.session.ProjectDoesNotExis tException: Project 'for' does not exist in domain 'PROJECTS'
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.sautil.CSaServerGeneralFun ctions.checkProjectExists(CSaServerGeneralFunction s.java:377)
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.sautil.CSaServerGeneralFun ctions.checkProjectExists(CSaServerGeneralFunction s.java:398)
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.d eleteProject(CProjectLogic.java:2728)
    wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to delete project
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.d eleteProject(CProjectLogic.java:2865)
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.i mportProject(CProjectLogic.java:5448)
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.c reateProject(CProjectLogic.java:2233)
    wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to create project 'for'
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.c reateProject(CProjectLogic.java:2264)
    wrapped in com.mercury.optane.core.CTdException: Failed to create HP ALM project
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.api.logics.CProjectLogic.c reateProject(CProjectLogic.java:2316)
    at com.mercury.td.saserver.requests.ImportProject.exe cute(ImportProject.java:30)
    at com.mercury.optane.core.web.RequestsDispatcher.exe cute(RequestsDispatcher.java:91)
    at com.mercury.td.web.CAbsServlet.executeFunction(CAb sServlet.java:486)
    at com.mercury.td.web.CAbsServlet.processRequest(CAbs Servlet.java:478)
    at com.mercury.td.web.CAbsServlet.doPost(CAbsServlet. java:352)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:637)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at com.hp.qc.core.utils.gzipfilter.GZIPFilter.doFilte r(GZIPFilter.java:30)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at com.mercury.optane.core.state.ServerStatusFilter.d oFilter(ServerStatusFilter.java:33)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doF ilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationV alve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.inv oke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstab lishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishment Valve.java:126)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstab lishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentV alve.java:70)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:102)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionV alve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:829)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11Conn ectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run( JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

any advice would be very welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Upgrading from QC10 to ALM11

Hi-

Did you ever get any resolution to this issue? I'm having the exact same issue....I'm going from qc9 to qc10.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

According to the Admin Guide for ALM v11

"You can import data from exported ALM project files created in the same ALM version."

That suggests to me that you can't import a project from a different version of QC.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Glenn I did get a solution from HP you cant use the import function there is a document i can send you if you like on the steps you need to complete it thou

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yeah I'd love to see the doc.

balloglenn@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Would it be possible to post the solution here?
    Life is too short for manual testing

My LoadRunner Profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I was under the impression. Import/export works in same version. NOT from 10 to ALM

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I believe the only way to do this sort of upgrade/migration is to copy your database files and repository files for each project to the new server, modify the dbid.xml file for the project, and then use the Site Admin Restore function to bring the project into Site Admin. Then you can use the Upgrade feature in Site Admin on the project.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Right, so that's just the (good) old fashioned way [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My LoadRunner Profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I was under the impression. Import/export works in same version. NOT from 10 to ALM

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that bazdug had received a solution from HP

My LoadRunner Profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast