Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Rename a status entry

Is their any chance to edith ths status entries in QC 10?
    If I use "project Entities" I can create new status enties but I do not need the status "Fixed". I have a new Status for "Fixed" and the word "Fixed" is disabled to edit or delete in the List.
    any chance to rename "Fixed" (or delete it)
    Thx for all your responce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Rename a status entry

You can, but there can be issues later on with changing it, like canned reports on the Fixed status will be broken.

You need to open the field up from the ALL_LISTS table in the DB and edit the column AL_SYSTEM to make that item editable.
    -------------
    Thanks,

Bernard Szymczak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Bernard,

how does looks the SQL-statement?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

First, read up on the ALL_LISTS table information in the HP Quality Center Database Reference from the help. it will tell you the valid values for the columns. R, S, A and C are the only valid values for that column. From there, make sure you can isolate the value you want to change, I would use the AL_ITEM_ID column as my where clause.

First, find the value on the list, incase you have more than one. You shouldn't. and replace the <ID> with that number below.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>UPDATE ALL_LISTS SET AL_SYSTEM='A' WHERE AL_ITEM_ID=&lt;ID&gt;</pre><hr />
    -------------
    Thanks,

Bernard Szymczak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The recommended way to customize the defect status list is to create your own list and use the workflow to attach that list to the BG_STATUS field in the workflow.

The QC10 Administration guide shows an example ("Presenting a Dynamic Field List") on how to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The dynamic list way works great rght up to the point a user tries to set a filter
    -------------
    Thanks,

Bernard Szymczak

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm surprised that doesn't get mentioned more often.

You can code around it by using ActiveDialog, but it gets complicated.

A solution I coded back in QC9.0 days was to leave the bug status list 'full' when in the grid view - so that users could use Filters the way they expected to be able to, but I then had to prevent status changes from that view.

Status changes could only be made from the Details view, via filtered lists.

It worked, but I was never 100% comfortable with it and haven't done it again.

Of course, I'm a TDAdmin and I never have filtered lists ;-) ...I'm always surprised my users don't complain about the filter issue!!
    Regards,

Alex
    ... just another Tester ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

From what I found from my users is they do complain about these things as "Undocumented features" in the tools. That is why I alter the core lists and any field driven by a dynamic list has a primary list fed to it with all associated values.

I tried that method you used once, Alex. It just became more of a maintenance nightmare than anything as we had some values get put in and I couldn't isolate why. We also had issues with imports from Excel to the Requirements module since the values were being verified.
    -------------
    Thanks,

Bernard Szymczak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I think you're over complicating the issue here. The initial request was just to change one entry in the list, not to make that list a dynamic one (like : when user is in group X and status is A, then list is List_X_A and when user is in group X and status is B, then list is List_X_B and so on).

I do agree that changing the list based on the current defect status and/or user groups is causing problems when it comes to filter.