QC 11 - Migrate Database from 1 machine to another
I have a vanilla installation on my demo environment.
So... this is driving me crazy. I am trying to move my database to another server.
I have Quality Center installed on Machine A with the database running locally (SQL).
I want to move the database to another machine, Server B.
I backup up the database, and imported the database to Server B. I can log in to the database with all the right logins and even the td user with password tdtdtd.
I can ping the database from the DB Server tab after I created the connection to it.
I changed the SiteAdmin.xml file "Program Files\HP\HP Application Lifecycle Management Platform\application\20qcbin.war\WEB-INF\siteadmin.xml" and changed the DB Host and Port there.
Everything is great, I can create projects on the new database machine, and the project databases show up perfecting when I login to the SQL Studio manager.
My issue is when I kill the SQL Server on the original machine (Machine A). My Quality Center cannot connect to the database and has a catastrophic error. Do I have to change any other files that you know of? I researched the hell out of it and previous versions of QC there are a few different files to change, but I cannot find them.
Re: QC 11 - Migrate Database from 1 machine to another
Did you resolve this?
I think the problem might be that you may need to modify the siteadmin.xml that resides in a different directory. Assuming you use JBOSS for your application server on a Windows server you need to update the siteadmin.xml file located at
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP\ALM\jboss\server\default\deploy\20qcbin.wa r\WEB-INF\siteadmin.xml
These are the instructions I got from HP support when I asked about migrating the QC projects and site admin schema databases from one server to another, and updating the QC application accordingly.
In brief, if you want to change the QC DB server :
1. Do a backup of your projects' schemas (Normally named ProjectDomain_ProjectName_db) and site admin's schema (Normally named qcsiteadmin_db).
2. Take the backup schemas and restore them to the target database server
3. Update the siteadmin.xml file to point to the new database server
4. Stop and restart the deployment of Quality Center (QC service)
5. Make a backup of the repositories and move them to the new server and edit the dbid.xml files for every project.
6. Restore the projects from Site Admin Page