Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

error attempting to login to ALMSynchronizerClient

I've conducted a search of the forum with no luck, my apologies if I missed the answer out there...

My coworker and I have HP ALM Synchronizer Client installed on our local machines. He is on XP, Im on Win 7.

When he attempts to log in (either as admin or as himself), he gets the following error immediately upon clicking 'Connect':

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: No such operation 'connect2'
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at Mercury.QC.GossipClient.Logic.GossipProxy.GossipSe rviceService.connect2(String username, String password, String clientVersion, String clientAuditData)
    at Mercury.QC.GossipClient.Logic.GossipServerAPI.Goss ipServer.DoConnect(String userName, String password, String clientVersion, String clientAuditData, GossipServiceService proxy)
    at Mercury.QC.GossipClient.Logic.GossipServerAPI.Goss ipServer.Connect(String url, String userName, String password, ServerResponse& res)

We are not getting this error when he logs in on my machine...connects with no issue.

Any ideas? Theres not much ALM Synch info out there. I've been googling everything I can think of with little luck.

Have checked the HP documentation. Nothing.
    Have avoided telling him to log a case with hp so far...would prefer if we could solve it ourselves. Hoping perhaps someone has run into this.

He has uninstalled and reinstalled. Issue remains.

Version 1.40.0.1084

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: error attempting to login to ALMSynchronizerClient

problem solved. HP snuck in a build for the Client that was not compatible with their Server version. Co-worker and I downloaded from the same link...but because of the sneakiness ended up downloading 2 different versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: error attempting to login to ALMSynchronizerClient

Good find Stephanie!
    Onward thru the fog...