Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Word/Excel 2010 Add-In

Currently, QC 10 doesn't support Word or Excel 2010. Does anyone know when HP will be supporting this?

Re: Word/Excel 2010 Add-In

Hmm...but would like to get hands dirty with some OTA code.

They work irrespective of the office version, there are many examples on how to upload req, test cases from excel, word to QC in this forum. search and you will working scripts to be used.
    -- Here to Learn and share ---

They should work just fine, but you might need to lower some macro security settings in 2010.

Really? From http://update.external.hp.com/qualit...cel/index.html :

[ QUOTE ]
    Versions supported: Microsoft Excel 2003 and 2007 with HP Quality Center 10.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't actually tried exporting anything from Excel 2010, so maybe it works, but it's not officially supported by HP according to that page. I need to get a copy of Office 2010 soon for my own testing. Anyway, my company is planning an upgrade to Office 2010 and I need to see if there will be any impact to QC, QTP, or LoadRunner. The reason I originally posted is because I have one colleague who is experienced in QC and he cannot get the add-in to work with Office 2010.

Has anyone successfully exported anything from Excel or Word 2010 to QC 10?

Our testers here have been using 2010 for some time. See attached screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks a lot. A picture is worth 1,000 Words (or Excels).

I am unable to see the Add Ins tab in my excel how to get this on?

Have you installed the QC Excel Add-in?
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Yes I installed "QCMSExcelAddin.exe" . However it did ask for Modify/Repair/Remove as i already have it on my machine. I did modify and completed installation and re-started my machine and tried. But no luck.

Is there any previleges causing this?

Is AddIns tab is the only way for exploring that feature "Export to Quality Center" in Excel 2010?

Appreciate your help.

Did you have a version of the add-in installed before? I would recommend uninstalling it and re-installing it rather than modifying/repairing the installation.

Did you install the Connectivity add-in?

What is your workstation OS?

Are you executing the install while logged in as a user with Admin privileges?

If your OS is Windows 7 or Vista, when you launched the installation program, did you launch it using the Run As Administrator option?

How are your security settings set for Excel? Go to Excel Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Add-ins. All boxes should be unchecked.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast