Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Improved HP QC workflow debugging

Debugging workflow code in HP Quality Center lacks state of the art debugging functionality.
    This makes it time consuming and error-prone.
    However, it turned out that clever combination of HP Quality Center and Microsoft Visual Studio overcomes these limitations.

It is possible to use Microsoft Visual Studio to debug workflow code!
    You can then add breakpoints, inspect variables, step through programs, and much more.

If you want to know how, check out this link:
    QC Workflow Debugging

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Improved HP QC workflow debugging

The link above doesn't work any longer.
    Use this instead:
    QC workflow debugging

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Improved HP QC workflow debugging

Hi there!

So I have just installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 to do this.

Initially it looked excellent! I can indeed attach to the process and debug the script as it is running.

However, I cannot edit the script while it is running. This is a bit of a pain but I can live with it.

I also cannot inspect the variables it appears. If I hover over them or add them to the Watch window, they always appear Empty. Even if I know they are not (due to what happens in QC).

Is this a permission thing? How do I set the permissions so that it becomes usable? Without the variable inspection, there isn't much I can do with it since all it is showing me is which steps it is calculating.

Many thanks
    Mark