Hi I was hoping someone could help me with the following problem.

I would like to create a dynamic mask for test cases. i know I can use the masked option for a string entity, but i would like to create one using the workflow dependent on the folder selected.

e.g. if folder TESTCASE1 is selected and I hit create new TestCase it will automatically put in the naming convention we use and change it to reflect the selected folder.

We have had alot of problems with our testers not applying the naming convention and it causes us alot of problems when it comes to our reports.

Also i would like to autoincrement the test cases depending on how many are in that folder.

so it would be "TC_<current folder name>_<number>_"<enter TC description>

first testcase for current folder TC_TESTCASE1_01_<then
you enter the name>

first testcase for current folder TC_TESTCASE1_02_<then
you enter the name>

and so on.

I have found code on this site to get the current position in the file tree for a test set.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
' Get the TDConnection.TestSetFactory
Set TestSetFact = TestSetFactory
' Get the test set tree manager from the test set factory
Set tsTreeMgr = TestSetTreeManager
Set tSetFolder = tsTreeMgr.NodeByPath(myTestFolder)
Set TestSetsList = tSetFolder.FindTestSets(myTestSets(i))Set theTestSet = TestSetsList.Item(1)
</pre><hr />

I was trying to access the data entered into the mask option in the entites but cannot find how to do it.

I have tried to preset the value of the Test_Fields("TS_NAME").value so maybe i need to create a better loop dependent on the number of fields in the selected folder.

haha quite alot here but i hope thats enough info and someone can help me with this!