Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Migration from QC 9.0 to QC 10.0

We are in the process of upgrading from Quality Center 9.0 to QC 10.0. We've developed business components (BPT) on QC 9.0 and will need to migrate these business components to QC 10.0 server. I've created QTP scripts that can upload/download the business components from the local drive to Qualitly Center. However, in QC 10.0, when I'm trying to open a business component, i get an error that says 'The selected component was created using an earlier version..... This component will be opened in Read Only Mode'
    Someone please help me on how to resolve this.
    Is there any document that outlines the differences in the architecture between QC 9.0 and QC 10.0

Thanks and regards,
    Vinay P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Migration from QC 9.0 to QC 10.0

It could be a problem due to your QTP and not your QC.. QC 10 is only compatible with QTP 10 and does not have backward compatibility.. Since you said that you downloaded/uploaded your scripts using QTP, I am guessing that might be your issue

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Migration from QC 9.0 to QC 10.0

Vinay P,
    That the same error you'll see if you have Business Components created/automated with QTP9.0 and you start using QTP9.5

Ther ewas a patch released to handle the QTP 9.0 >> QTP9.5 upgrade.
    Perhaps you'll find a similar one for migration to QTP10 which ambience correctly tells you is required for QC10.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Alex
    ... just another Tester ...