Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Customizations for Releases Module

I have been looking for a solution to modifying some things in the Releases module of QC 9.2, and have come up empty so far. Hopefully, the problem has been overcome by others on this forum...

1. First, I would like to be able to configure the date calculations (i.e. end date - start date = total days in release) to track only the 5-day work week, as opposed to including weekends as is done in the default configuration.

2. Next, it there any way to further modify the calculations to include all days defined, in lieu of the difference between end date and start date? To elaborate, assume the project dates are to start 10/12 and end 10/16...I am being requested to change the configuration so the total days in the project would report "5" instead of "4". In other words, we would like to see each full day counted:

10/12
    10/13
    10/14
    10/15
    10/16

What is calculated by default in this scenario is "4", as each 24-hour period seems to count as one day:

10/12 - 10/13
    10/13 - 10/14
    10/14 - 10/15
    10/15 - 10/16

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have not yet moved to QC 10.0 for our Production instance of QC, but have a sandbox server running it, and have not even seen the capability in the 10.0 Management module.

Thanks!
    - AJN -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Customizations for Releases Module

Hmmmm...No response. Is it that nobody has experience in trying to modify this area, or is the silence an indicator that this is not possible?

I have considered opening a ticket with HP support, but am fairly certain that they will just refer me to their professional services team.
    - AJN -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Customizations for Releases Module

Hi ponti1

1. Have a look at http://www.w3schools.com/VBscript/vb...functions.asp#
    This has an overview of the VB date functions you can play with to achieve what you want.
    I would suggest the following:
    - calculate the full day count, then divide by 7 (for weeks) then times result by 2 (to get weekend days total) then minus that from the full day count.
    While I have been working for Businesses that are Vendor partners with HP, IBM and Microsoft, my opinions and advice is my own.
    The solutions provided are either sourced from my own scripting libraries or from a quick Google Search.