1) What’s the best practice to Archive( Saving off of older releases) in the Test Lab module. We would have number of configs (test sets) and would need to maintain the test run status on the configs
2) How do we set permissions to users in a group to view only the configs(test sets in test lab) assigned to them and restrict from viewing configs (test sets) assigned to other testers? I understand we can set modify/delete access to test sets/folders via data hiding filters but have not found one for viewing.( I believe this requires to be scripted in the workflow)
3) How do we monitor Test Plan changes with different releases in QC ?
4) How do we unhide system fields in Test Lab>Execution grid view.
For example: I was able to hide ‘status’ field under test lab> execution grid by the below code :
On Error Resume Next
TestSetTest_Fields.Field("TC_STATUS").IsVisible = false
On Error GoTo 0
But when i tried to unhide it back by setting .IsVisible = true, the ‘status’ field does not appear back in the test lab.
Is Sub TestLab_TestSetTests_MoveTo still the right place to do and set the property .IsVisible to "true" or do i need to do something else?
5)Whats the best way to upload test cases in the test plan module that have several sub test cases under one subject/heading. For example
3.3.5 Volume Icon:
3.3.5 Volume Icon:Verify Volume icon/slider up in system tray
3.3.5 Volume Icon:Verify Volume icon/slider down in system tray
3.3.5 Volume Icon:Verify Volume icon/Mute option in system tray
( we don’t want to create sub folders/subjects under “Volume Icon” when we export test cases from excel to QC under the ‘subject’ field)
Re: QC questions
Oh, so many questions in one post... I can comment on some, but not on all, e.g. on 3): I would do this with versioning and baslining (QC10).
If you want more answers you could create five posts with meaningful topics like "best practises for archiving releases in test lab" or "how to monitor test plan changes" rather than putting them all under one generic topic "QC questions". All posts in here are about QC questions or at least should be...
Re: QC questions
4) Please provide code where you assign "true".
5) You could add Test Parameter and provide testing due to value of this parameter. For example you could use values similar to your "Volume Icon", "Volume Icon SLIDER UP in tray", etc.