Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Project selection when authenticating log on

Hi

Does anyone know how the project list is retrieved and the selection made when logging in? Example:

I have 4 projects (a, b, c, d) and only have 1 domain.
    I am set up to be able to access all 4 projects.
    When I enter my user name and password and authenticate, the domain and projects are retrieved.
    Project selected from list by default is project b.

How do i control which project is selected? is it a registry value, a locally stored setting, the last project logged out by that user?? I am puzzled.

Thanks in advance
    Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Project selection when authenticating log on

The fields default to the last domain & project you logged into. I don't know if you can script this, so that a user automatically sees a specific domain & project choice.

I think there was a post related to this topic on TDForums, but I'm not 100% sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

When I login, there is an option (a checkbox under the Authenticate button) to log you into the last domain I accessed from that PC. Perhaps you have this box checked?

If you uncheck it you won't automatically login - you'll get the options below to select domain/project after authentication.

Once you've logged in you can switch projects w/o logging out from the Tools menu.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I found what i was after - in C:\Windows there is a Mercury.ini file which stores the last used projects on the local machine.

As we do not have permissions to edit\save files in this folder (group policy) we are subject to whatever was last stored in this file.

Regards
    Ian