Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

VB scripting help - building dynamic lookup lists

Hi All:

I am trying to build dynamic look up lists in the Requirements module. Here's my example:

My requirements are split into:
    Functional, Design, Business Rules, Solution Components

All these have a common field - functional_area

There is a Business_rule field in design requirements which is a lookup list.

I would like to populate that list with the values from the business rules requirements where functional area = <functional area>

I am not very technical and therefore will really appreciate if anyone has any functions written for this.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: VB scripting help - building dynamic lookup lists

Ok...I managed to do this via Workflow scripting. However, now I am facing with a different related issue.

I wrote some functions to dynamically assign different lists based on the value of a certain field in the Req_MoveTo and Req_Fieldchange modules in workflow scripts.

This works!

So if the value of field A is changed to X, Field B is assigned list M,
    If the value of field A is changed to Y, Field B is assigned list N

However, the value that is displayed in the list box does not get refreshed with the first value from the new list.

Am I missing something here? I know this has to be a minor tweak some where.

Any insights?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: VB scripting help - building dynamic lookup lists

Try to define default value for every list and assignt this value in the same step as assigning of the new list.

The reason of this behaviour - you do not change value of the field B after changing assosiation, so DB still store old value from other list.