Integration was provided starting from WI version 8.0. It supports QC versions 9.2 & 10.0.
To use it:
1. Install QC Client on the same box where WebInspect is installed. Login at least once to QC Domain/Project from web interface.
2. In WebInspect open Edit menu -> Application Settings
3. Go to Quality Center section under Connections
4. Create a profile:
4.1 Press Add button 7 provide profile name
4.2 Provide QC URL (format is http(s)://<host>:<port>/qcbin/)
4.3 Provide valid user credentials (Important: user SHOULD be in QC Project admin role)
4.4 Authenticate & Connect(select domain & project)
4.5 Mandatory: select a folder under Subject (in Subject tree displayed at the left)
4.6 Mandatory: set vulnerability severity mapping for at least one severity level.
I mean you have vulnerability of different severity found by your WebInspect. They are Criticals, Highs etc. In QC profile you can say that e.g. this Critical vuln found by WebInpect will have [stupid is as stupid does] severity in QC while posted.
4.7 Provide value for required fields in Required/Optional fields grid. (that are values your defects will be sent to QC with)
5. Press OK on Application Settings dialog
6. Open scan in WebInspect
7. Select vulnerable session
8. Right-click on it & select Send to -> HP Quality Center from right-click menu
9. Select vulns you want to send as defects & select a profile
10. Press Send button
=> your defects are hopefully sent to QC [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I think animal testing is cruel. They get nervous and get all the answers wrong ęStephen Fry