Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test Case Name changed in Test Plan

Hi,

I have one doubt about changing the test case name in QC.
    I have uploaded few test cases to Test Plan.
    These test cases are then mapped to Test Lab.
    The execution is in process for these test cases.

But I want to change the test case name as per the standard format which we have decided.

So if I change the test case name in QC under Test Plan how it is going to affect the test cases in Test Lab.

IF somebody has done this before then please help me.
    <<I am trying to do it with some dummy test cases in QC but now QC is down due to Migration from 9.0 to 9.2. So before it is up again I want to figure out the answer>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Test Case Name changed in Test Plan

All the tests in Test Lab reference the source test by its internal ID number, not by any name.

If you change the name of a test in Test Plan, that name change will automatically propigate to Test Lab and nothing will be hurt.

-- m.a.g.