We have 2 computers we work on. PC2 has always worked with TestDirector and we used the document generator tool to create drafts for test reports. PC1 is a new one, and is just recently in use.
Now we've switched to Quality Center 9.0 and on PC2 the document generator tool still works without problems, but on PC1 I get a "bad parameter" and "unable to start MS Word again" error when clicking on "full document" or "preview". Am I missing here a certain plug-in or ...? I'm asking this because tomorrow I have only PC1 at my disposal and want to use the document generator.
As you say the issue is specific to on PC, i think a simple client unistall would resolve the issue. Perform the following steps:
1. Close all active browsers on the system.
2. Go to C:/Program Files/ Common Files. Rename the Merccury Iteractive folder.
3. Open a IE browser. Go to Tools -> Internet Options.
4. Under Temporary interbet options, click on Delete Files and Delete Cookies. Click on Settings and go to View Objects. Here delete the Loader Class files.
5. Restart the PC and access QC with a user who has admin rights on the system. This is needed to download the client components for QC.
6. Now access the project and use Document Generator.