Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Upgrade Issues with HP Defect Sync for QC

I would greatly appreciate any that has insight into this issue. I have been trying to troubleshoot for several hours, but with no success. I am preparing to upgrade our Quality Center from 8.2 to 9.2, and we also run the defect Sync tool for QC and ClearQuest.

I have set up a test instance of QC 9.2 and ClearQuest to "prove out" the upgrade strategy, and am running into issues getting the newer version of the Sync tool to work.

Installation went fine on the dedicated Sync machine, but I cannot get through the QC connectivity test in the New Link wizard. I specify the correct user/password, QC URL (http://server:8080/qcbin), DEFAULT domain, and my project name, but get this error:

Synchronizer failed to connect to one of the link's endpoints.
    Check the endpointconnectivity parameters.

ERROR #1- adapter.CONNECTION_FAILURE : Failed to connect to endpoint of type QC. Error: com.hp.qc.synchronizer.adapters.exceptions.Adapter ConnectionException: Unhandled exception in Connect method , message: AutomationException: Member not found..
    ERROR #2- Unhandled exception in Connect method , message: AutomationException: Member not found.
    ERROR #3- AutomationException: Member not found.
    - AJN -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Upgrade Issues with HP Defect Sync for QC

This is a shot in the dark, but have you connected to QC from the server machine via the browser.

I'm wondering if you need the OTA API registered on that server PC and this would happen the first time you connect via the browser on that PC to QC.

I may be off on this suggestion, but based on the error your receiving it's like the api is not being found.