does anybody know a way to send out an e-mail to all QC users ? I know there is the "send message" functionality within the site connections tab in the Site Admin, but that will only send out a message to all users that are logged in at the time of sending.
I need a way to communicate to all users that are setup in QC even if they are not logged in.
Here is what I do:
1. Run a SQL query on the qcsiteadmin_db (query analyzer):
SELECT DISTINCT Email from td.users
WHERE Acc_Is_Active = 'Y'
AND Email IS Not Null
ORDER BY Email
2. Take the output and copy to clipboard
3. Paste into a column in Excel (Column A Start at Row 1)
4. Copy Cell A1 to Cell B1
5. In Cell B2, type in the following formula:
6. Copy Formula in Cell B2 to all cells in column B from B3 to end of rows with data
7. Copy the last cell (last row Column B) to your clipboard and paste into your Email To: field.
You will now have a comma seperated list of all qc active users emails there.
Sounds a bit odd to do this but it is pretty easy and fast once you get used to it. Hope that helps.
I think you can directly mail all the QC users even if they are not logged in. I tried it my self and it worked.
As each users are under some group, from any tab just right click an mail.
Add all the groups under To/CC and send it with ur comments.