Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sogeti and TMAP

Anybody had dealings with Sogeti and/or TMAP? What did you think?
    We live in the dumbest world on the planet and there's no colour the sky can't be at any given time. Remember that!
    http://dancedwiththetester.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://twitter.com/tonybruce77

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Sogeti and TMAP

funny you should ask!

We have Ruud Teunissen coming to our place to train us on the fundamentals and specializations of TMap in a couple of weeks. Poor guy is going to melt down here in AZ late June!

We are working to continually improve our Quality Assurance Center, and want to leverage the TMap principals to streamline decisions and the level of documenation we perform for projects.

I'll try to remember to post back thoughts.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You'd think they would do abit more testing with their website. The press articles I clicked on look like this(IE7):

Sogeti Group’s first online collaborative brainstorm (15-17 April 2008) generates a wealth of valuable ideas
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm -3.8pt 0pt 0cm; LAYOUT-GRID-MODE: char"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial">Using </SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: red; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">social networking technologies to shape the Sogeti of the Future</SPAN><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"><FONT color=#000000> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></FONT></SPAN></P></SPAN> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LAYOUT-GRID-MODE: char"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"><o><FONT color=#000000> </FONT></o></SPAN></P>
    Paris, May 7 2008 – Sogeti Group, a leading international provider of professional IT services, has successfully held its first ever 72-hour online collaborative brainstorm for all 18,000 Sogeti employees in 14 countries around the world. The objective of the event, which ran April 15-17th 2008, was to use social networking technologies to bring employees together from across multiple time-zones to generate ideas and discuss ways of building the Sogeti of the Future.

http://www.sogeti.com/templates/ST_NewsPage.aspx?id=502
    We live in the dumbest world on the planet and there's no colour the sky can't be at any given time. Remember that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Long, long ago, I had TMAP training from Sogeti.

IIRC, it was nothing too groundbreaking. A lot of Sogeti-ized terms for known test methodologies and techniques. It was presented and organized very efficiently, though.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Long, long ago, I had TMAP training from Sogeti.

IIRC, it was nothing too groundbreaking. A lot of Sogeti-ized terms for known test methodologies and techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of what I thought after skimming through their website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have had a lot of dealings with Sogeti and TMap. In The Netherlands it is the most used standard for testing. I believe that TMap is very similar to ISTQB.

However, I am not all that familiar with the way testing is done in other countries. If you have any specific questions, I would like to answer them.

As for the whole TMap thing: Sogeti produced the first TMap book. It was written bij Eric van Veenendaal, Ruud Teunissen and Martin van der Pol. All of these have left Sogeti as far as I know. Last year, Sogeti released the new version "TMap Next", with 4 new authors.

Eric van Veenendaal went on to write on the ISTQB method, which I feel is slightly more advanced than TMap. Ruud and Martin are now into consultancy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I worked for Sogeti and I agree with SpikeyOne. By and large, same old, same old.