I've been asked to name my job title, I figured I'd ask around to see if anyone has better ideas (since I'm coming up a little short).
My current responsibilities are
* Load (stability,stress,performance) testing and resource monitoring / reporting
* Create .Net test tools for automated stability/load testing of web services / components
* Research, implement, present and provide developer support for new tools and skills like unit and security testing.
* Pair programming / Walkthroughs with developers to help them identify areas for refactoring / unit testing within their code.
* Standard formal and informal system testing
The titles I've seen are
Software QA Engineer
Developer in Test
Basically I suppose I'm looking for the title people would look for if they were looking for someone to fulfil those responsibilities.
Any pointers from personal experience are much appreciated.
I would stick with well known roles, or you will just confuse recruiters when you look for another role. If I had the choice I would look on the job boards and see which pays most [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]