CA Questions - Hi Friends

Hi Friends,

Can one help me in this regard......

I have 5 Yr Exp in Software Testing in that i worked Around 4 yr Automation Test Exp & rest of the years i worked Manual Test, right now am working on Automation Testing. Recently i got the offer from CA(Computer Assoicates) in CA there is no Automation they are working in Manual that to on UNIX Platform, but i dont have experience in Unix Platform. Please let me know work culture in CA & Enviornment also. at the same time

weather i can choose this offer or not, let me know your valuable suggestions then i can plan my carrier.

Re: CA Questions - Hi Friends

CA is a massive company ($13 Billion market cap). I doubt they have a homogeneous environment across all groups.

As to questions about culture and environment, have you asked the person interviewing you? That is the exact type of question that should be posed to them during the interview process.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Corey is right, CA is a massive company. I worked for CA a few years ago, and can tell you that each division within CA does things differently. And you will even find that each product within the divisions may vary in the way they do things as well.

As for automation, this will depend upon the group and product. The group you are interviewing with may not have any automation, but that does not mean other groups do not. The products I worked with had varying amounts of automation, from 75% of the functionality automation to no automation.

I see that you are in India, and CA is expanding their presence over there rapidly. They were just starting this expansion when I was there, and in talking with friends who still work for CA, this presence has grown tremendously since then.

As for culture, you really need to ask those questions to your interviewing manager, as Corey suggested. With a company as large as CA, you will find that the culture probably varies from office to office, and even product to product. Who your manager is can make a huge difference in your experience.

Best of luck with your job search.

Hi Betsy

what about ur experience in CA, are you feel comfort environment in CA??? because i don't have any friends in CA.

Abously when i was talk to interviewer allways give you good comments is it?

if any one have get out side the interviewer i can get the good feedback.

So for this situation can you please give me your valuable suggestions

Thanks & Regards,

Can you please me your suggestions experience in this regards

well if you are confident and are ready to adjust to new environment, then it should not be an issue whether its CA or any other company.

Kishore, sorry for not getting back to you right away, but my day was full and I didn't have time to take a look at this site yesterday (as a reminder, we are all volunteers on this site, with our own jobs).

But as Kiran states, any job and/or company that is different than where you are presently will come with a new environment, new coworkers, new friends, new management, etc. It really doesn't matter what my experiences were, for they will be different than yours. As with any company, you must use your own judgment with what you find out during the interview process to decide for yourself if it is a good fit for you.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I do wish you the best of luck in your job search and new position, be it with CA or any other firm.