Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Looking for a good QA resource

I need to find me some good QA folks who want to be doing QA work in the gaming realm... I am however finding it a little difficult to find these folks in the real world...

Anyone have a few websites for such a thing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Looking for a good QA resource

Typically the problem with finding good QA people in the game industry is that QA people in the game industry are treated with little respect compared to other industries.

I have had 2 interviews in my life for a game QA position and both of them were very disappointing. They offered borderline minimum wage pay, brutal hours, and very few benefits. The reason i had applied was that they did not make it clear that the job was targeted at young people with no formal training in testing. They just wanted people who liked to play video games all day.

If you're looking for a good place to find QA people though, QAJobs is a great place to post it!
    So in my opinion and from what i have seen and experienced with game QA positions, serious QA people aren't drawn to these positions because of their expectations on what the position will entail. Other industries certainly offer much more attractive positions for people looking to make a career out of software QA.

Anyways, to answer your actual question: QAJobs is a great place to post QA related jobs. Besides that, pretty much any job website should have a section for this type of position.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Looking for a good QA resource

[ QUOTE ]
    Typically the problem with finding good QA people in the game industry is that QA people in the game industry are treated with little respect compared to other industries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can surely see that point since I have been doing games QA on and off for the last 11 years. For me in particular, I am working to change that perspective [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    I have had 2 interviews in my life for a game QA position and both of them were very disappointing. They offered borderline minimum wage pay, brutal hours, and very few benefits. The reason i had applied was that they did not make it clear that the job was targeted at young people with no formal training in testing. They just wanted people who liked to play video games all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone can play the games, i look for people who can actually test intelligently and want to be working in games. More hours is a myth since we all know if you can test better you can test less...

[ QUOTE ]
    So in my opinion and from what i have seen and experienced with game QA positions, serious QA people aren't drawn to these positions because of their expectations on what the position will entail. Other industries certainly offer much more attractive positions for people looking to make a career out of software QA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try to do that and make sure folks know what I am looking for [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks Nick!!