Thread: personal email

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

personal email

I received this email at my personal email address. Any other mods received similar personal email?

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:47 AM
    To: Darrel <personal address removed>
    Subject: I've been searching and reading through the SDAforums and consistently ran across your responses. Re

I've been searching and reading through the SDAforums and consistently ran across your responses. Responses that are being a true 'smart a$$'. If you don't want to help people, why be an administrator? I infrequently visit that site for this reason. Others within our QA group have had the same comments.

oh yeah, please remove me from your site....userid moorefield.

don't respond, i've blocked your address.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: personal email

Pretty funny. Nice of you to call the guy out on a public forum post with an actual email address though.
    If ya got beef then fool eat a pork chop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

No, it's not funny. Email addresses are posted in user profiles, but the email address in his post has been masked in any case.

I was surprised, first to receive this as a private email, and second, to be called out as being a smart a$$. Since my email address has been blocked by the gentleman, I cannot follow up to see what he believes is considered smart a$$ and what is not. After all, being in the QA business, it is kind of hard to fix a defect without any details around it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If its any consolation I don't consider you a smart a$$ at all, you are consistently one of the more positive influences in the forum.

I did not get an email though.

Did you pass on to AJ so he could be removed?
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've received a few like that as well - I keep them for posterity
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I just checked - I do not display my email address in my profile which by the sounds of it is not a bad idea.
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for the kind words, Lynne. I thought I was rather moderate in my responses, but I do get rather grumpy at times. Apparently I am running into the politics of QA. Can't please all the people all the time, and some people you can't please any of the time. I've toyed with the idea of sending a note to the company he works for, but that would be playing his game.

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you pass on to AJ so he could be removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't.

AJ - if you are monitoring this thread, will you do the honors as the gentleman has requested?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Here's the most recent rude response that I've received to my personal email...

[ QUOTE ]
    What is up with you people? I ask a simple question to get a bit of help. No not an exam question! Any thing with the slightest hint of being related to an exam question, gets your thread locked. I got my thread answered perfectly at another forum. All I wanted was a bit of knowledge transfer. I needed a bit of knowledge and some of you a$$holes have the knowledge but are too greedy to share it with others. Besides IF it was an exam question, am I asking for a reply in essay format? Whats the harm in saying 'Check this book, or follow this link or read this journal'. But pure and utter denial is just pathetic. I don't condone cheating but how is this cheating? What you could of done is directly say look at these sources, they may help. Or you could offer me a few tips.

I'm not normally rude but F**k you and that {NameDeleted} son of a b**ch.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a little poking around it turned out that this fine SQAForums citizen had posted elsewhere that the question was an interview question given as *homework* between interviews!

Now, I may or may not be an a$$hole, but I am ethical. And I'm pretty certain that I'd rather be an a$$hole than be unethical -- which is how I view "begging for help on homework for your interview".
    Scott Barber
    Chief Technologist, PerfTestPlus
    Executive Director, Association for Software Testing
    Co-Author, Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
    sbarber@perftestplus.com

If you can see it in your mind...
    you will find it in your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What gets me with stuff like this is that the person had to go to a bit more than casual effort in order to track down a personal email address to send the stuff to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So...uhm...where are the SDA Forums? I don't think I've been there yet, so I would not feel qualified to lend an opinion. But I've never thought any of the moderators came across the way the email is talking about.

Still, this is the problem with email and im, its easy to toss out a bomb like this to people, then just block them so you never really get a conversation going. Sort of like a drive-by on the internet, but without the bullet casings on the floor.
    - M

Nothing learns better than experience.

"So as I struggle with this issue I am confronted with the reality that noting is perfect."
    - Unknown

Now wasting blog space at QAForums Blogs - The Lookout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast