Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Document Required

Hello
    Can any one guide me which document we require i mean what are the attributes included in the Sign Off Document once the Software testing is completed and you are ready to deliver to your Development Division that this form/report/software has been tested.which document i require is it sign off Document or another.
    Secondly Please let me know starting from scratch till the end of Testing Completion which documents are necassary and at which stage these documents are use.Plz guide me and let me know complete details of every documents with description and possible attribute which are required in that documents
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Document Required

Medix,

I realize some of the answers here distressed you and I have deleted them, but it would be difficult to answer your question because the people here are practioners in the field, which means you would not get a standard answer. Sign-off documents vary according to company and many do not even require a sign-off document. In my region, it would be unusual to present a sign-off document to the development organization. We provide a final testing status report to executive management (the directors and CIO). There are no "standards" for status reports and the attributes of the report vary according to what your particular company considers important.

In terms of all of the documents required and their attributes, again, that varies according to company and the type of development methodology employed by that company. There are entire books devoted to those topics. It is unlikely we would be able to give you the breadth and detail of information you've requested. Anything one of us offered to you would be based on our own company and experiences, which might be totally wrong for your environment and cause you problems if you tried to implement it.

My suggestion would be that you determine what kind of development methodology is in place in your company and then get some decent books on the subject. If you have questions regarding one specific document or form, I'm sure our members can offer information regarding their specific experience and advice based on that experience. But you'll have to keep in mind that everyone's answer might be different; most of us have customized documentation and workflows based on our own individual environments and corporate needs.

- Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Medix,

You are asking for a lot of information which as Linda states is usually specific to a company even though there could be similarities.

If you need this much it would be a good idea to talk to your co-workers and manager to see what is already available at your company and then work with that.
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Google is our friend. I would suggest you get familiar with the various search engines which exist across the web. here is what I got by googling "Software Testing Documents":

http://www.sqatester.com/documentation/index.htm
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi
    Thanks to all for your Comments and Suggestions.I specially thanks to Rich.yes that's the right thing which i was looking for.
    Thanks
    Medix