I have completed my testing course and i have done a project on eprocure systems. Now i am in job hunting. I have researched the web for faq's for testing. here i found but don't know many of these answers. I am expecting from your voices. Will you help me please, and will you give advice i am a fresher and commerce graduate. How much scope to me to merge as an tester and how can i start my career. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thank you inadvance
1. What is a test plan ?
2. Actually when will be the testing people will be involved in the project ?
3. Define low priority and high severity ?
4. Whom do you report the Bugs ?
5. What are the contents present in a test plan ?
6. Which model will you follow ?
7. Which Bug tracking tool do you use and what are the contents present in it ?
8. If a bug is reported what will be the Next work done ?
9. How to write test cases using Use case diagrams ?
10. For a given condition (X>=0<100) how many test cases you can write ?
1. What are the types of recording modes in winrunner ?
2. What are the three modes of running a test in winrunner ?
3. What is synchronization point ?
4. What are the contents present in a test case ?
5. Do we need testing for the project ?
6. What is code review and code walk through ?
7. At which phase the testing starts (begin) in the project ?
8. How do we test Client server applications and a Web applications ?
9. What is verification and validation ?
10. What is adhoc testing ?
11. What is traceability matrix ?
12. What is base line document ?
13. What is Test Life Cycle ?
14. What is regression testing and retesting ?
15. What is a BUG LIFE CYCLE ?
16. What is a Bug ?
17. What are defects ?
18. What is functionality testing and system testing ?
19. A project has to be released in one day but the testing people got that project from the developers half of the day before so what they have to do to complete the testing process ?
In general, we don't just list answers to dozens of interview questions here - particularly when the poster doesn't even bother to post their guess at the answers.
However, if you Google for "software testing interview questions", you'll find lots of sites with hundreds of interview questions, and a few that even have answers.
Didn't your testing course provide insight into any of these questions? Some of them seem rather basic. (I can't imagine a testing course that couldn't give you at least some idea of what a Bug is or what a Test Plan is.)