Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Answers needed not comments

Guys in every forum I see that people dont answer to the point refering to the question asked. This upsets the person who has posted the query. Its obvious we are not good in this field and google is not of much help so we come here to get guidance from the intelligent and smart people here in this forum.
    So please keep in mind , that if you cannot answer anything , donot post irrelevant answers even though the questions would be irrelevant. Dont waste ur time in doing that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Answers needed not comments

sshaw.. unfortunately about 99% of the questions asked here are either uninteligable or unanswerable.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

This thread has been moved to General Forum as the topic is not Web Testing.
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    sshaw.. unfortunately about 99% of the questions asked here are either uninteligable or unanswerable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that an answer? Or a comment?
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would say yes
    Lynne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    ...So please keep in mind , that if you cannot answer anything , donot post irrelevant answers even though the questions would be irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please understand that many of the questions that are readable do not make industry sense. Therefore it becomes difficult to fashion a relevant reply to a person who has little or no clue about what they are asking. Probing is necessary in that case to create a common understanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    google is not of much help

[/ QUOTE ]
    Meaning what? I find search engines to be a LOT of help, whatever I'm looking for.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If these people asked smart questions, then it would be a lot easier to provide meaningful answers.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    Jason Trebilcock

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

-George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright and Nobel Prize winner, 1856-1950

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Good page Peter.

In general one of the things I have found using any search engine is that when I do not get results its my search criteria.
    Lynne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I joined this forum just a day ago. This is what I've observed -
    <ul type="square">[*]Many of the questions are searchable through google or some other means (books, organization knowledge base etc). I guess, the newbie's do search or try to search for some answers or knowledge. What they lack is experience in the field. They do not have understanding or maturity to pose the questions appropriately to the senior members.[*]I saw some questions clearly in a "plz do not thrash me, I am new" kind of a mode. They were afraid to ask questions, be open only because of comments from *senior* members on this forum. I completely agree with comments regarding asking the newbie to do some basic search first, but the way comments are given, it doesn't feel right.[*]If you try to write a answer or some explanation, some member will pick up some sentence in your post and quote it and put his own sarcastic comment on that. I can show you plenty examples. The main question is kept aside and then the fight is on justifying what ever was written. Challenge the concepts or answers, not the actual words in the post.[/list]

I've got couple of more points, but kinda in a hurry now. Gotta go. Shall post more, whenever I get a chance....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast