Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The STP from a real life project ???

Hi.
    Does anybody know where can I get the STP from a real life project ?
    The problem is I graduated some brief course of SQA and there weren't any examples of STP,STD etc.
    The methodology only.
    And now if I want to pass an interview I have to discribe the problems I faced in the project and how I solved them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: The STP from a real life project ???

So you want to use someone else's test plan and experience to pass off as your own?

Sorry, can't help you.

From the sounds of it, your best bet is to be honest and say that you don't have any practical experience. You may want to try getting into the support department first (usually easier at an entry-level when you don't have any experience) so you can learn about their products and build up some experience. Then try to get into the qa/test group.
    Drew

Actual quote from an email I received from a product manager:
    "I want to tell all our customers to go to it (site) on Monday next week. I especially want to make sure the forums work right. Can you test every feature you can find?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

"I have to discribe the problems I faced in the project and how I solved them."

How can you do this if you've never had a project? Would you like to find out that the new Doctor you are visiting was never an intern. All he had was his book learning?

Rich
    Personal Comment

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    ~ Winston Churchill ~

...Rich Wagner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Be lionhearted about this and don't go to an interview that you are not prepared for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ditto all of the above.

Be honest and say you are entry level. You'll get more R.E.S.P.E.C.T for honesty.
    Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you all for your responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can't he say he is entry level but still has good knowledge on the problems faced in a typical project.

If he does not know about these, he needs to get knowledge. He can't get knowledge if he's not in a job

So do you guys mean that he should not learn??

I don't think so...let him learn as much as possible. what else are we here for?

This forum is to help people to acquire knowledge about something they do not know.

He will learn what a STP looks like...only if he sees some samples..
    So he can tell the interviewer that he has never prepared a STP, But has knowledge on essentials for a good STP.

He will learn how problems come up and the different strategies to solve them
    So he can tell that he's not been in any situations But is aware of the general problems faced by projects and different methodologies to address these problems.

Tell me a good reason why he cannot acquire this knowledge here? aren't we here to share our knowledge and experiences

I don't mean to offend anybody or abuse anybody.

But i feel we have to help. You have shared/advised that it would be wrong to pretend.
    Why not share your knowledge also?

The person will take your advice(not to pretend) and learn from your knowledge. And everyone's happy!!

Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Narla,

I don't think offense is felt regarding your response. I think the key to the original poster's request lies in the last statement:

And now if I want to pass an interview I have to discribe the problems I faced in the project and how I solved them.

This almost sounds like putting project experience where there is none. I think there might be better ways to handle this. You are correct about helping. I think you will find that most help is given where there is no "gray area" such as the poster's request.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Narla, Lioheart,

There is a big difference in helping some one learn and helping someone cheat. Getting experience and knowledge from this forum for the express use at an interview and representing yourself as something you are not is cheating, and if the interviewer is halfway decent you would not get the job.

Use the job you have to learn, get transferred and ask question to grow this will give the knowledge to be able to truthfully represent yourself in an interview.
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison