| || |
Testing Lab Asset Management Tool
We have a test lab here with many different machines (PC, Mac, Unix) for which we need to store many different ghost images (Clean Operating Systems, Operating System with applications, Different OS Languages for Localization testing etc...).
We have developped an in house "asset management tool" for managing all this information, but we are now looking for a more professional Test Lab Asset Management Tool that would allow:
- To search an image with some criterias (for instance: WXP in Chinese Traditional clean OS
- To match the Hardware asset on which the image can run
- To reserve on line a certain hardware when a project comes up
- To "order" to the IT department the image generation when one is needed
- basically to implement a workflow between the actors involved in the asset management of a typical testing lab.
Can someone recommend me some tool ? All the asset management tool that I've found on the web seems very oriented to IT department and does not take easily into account the issues of a testing labs with ghost images...
Any experience is welcome!
Re: Testing Lab Asset Management Tool
Have you looked at SlingShot by Akimbi (http://www.akimbi.com/home/Home.aspx)??