Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

STARWEST 2005, who is going ?

I am going to STARWEST for the first time (first time ever to a large conference) and pretty excited. Anything specific I should keep in mind (apart from hitting the bars) ?

Who else will be there ? I know previously there were calls to have QAForums' evening in the bar, any such thing actually happened ? How about this year ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: STARWEST 2005, who is going ?

Cor blimely this is getting a bit multithreaded or at least similiar items are going on.
    I will be there and in the Bar from the saturday...there is a talk on performance testing in early iterations that may be quite good by some british chap on this forum [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Julie Gardiner is giving a keynote as the winner of best talk from StarEast this year and she is always an enjoyable presenter.
    Jon Bach is always worth watching as is Robert Sabourin.

Last years Drinks were on the Wednesday Night out side at the lostboys bar by the pool...maybe if AJ is there he can bring a flag or something we can find them by.
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hey QA sleuth, interested in applying to give a 5 minute lightning talk at STARWest? See the relevant thread for details.
    And of course, I have to mention my "Testing with Styles" as a great talk to come to, if for nothing else to prove that there are Australians who speak normally and dont sound like Crocodile Hunter!
    cheers,
    Erik Petersen
    cheers,
    Erik

check out the spot! www.testingspot.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Pity about the lack of Australian accent; I was hoping maybe you'd wrestle a crocodile or play with poisonous snakes during your presentation...although I wasn't planning to sit in the front row...

- Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Linda, there's an Aussie accent, it's just that you can understand mine. Probably no poisonous critters in my talk (its enough fighting deadly bugs in my day job), but a few surprises and some fun here and there...

QSsleuth, STARWest has a very strong program, as always, but also remember the contact boards, where you can post a note saying you are interested in chatting about something, and people can respond to it and meet up with you. There's also often lunch tables dedicated to special subjects. If you do party on Wednesday, don't to it too hard, cos Rob Sab has an 8:30 talk on Thursday. And with any luck, the Lightning Talks will include something that will go down forever in STAR folklore (but the planets will all probably have to align for me to get it happening so wish me luck!)
    The only other piece of info I'll share is if you do Disney, remember this, Indy Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion. That's the optimal order, with each exit leading into the entrance of the next... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Erik Petersen
    cheers,
    Erik

check out the spot! www.testingspot.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Erik Petersen, I wish you luck and I am hoping to catch your talk.
    I did pass the message around here at my company about lightning talks.
    Thanks all for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Since it's local for me, I'll get to go to the vendor expo (free!) and the after-hours-QAForums-beer-event...

Don't forget to look for the Hidden Mickey's at D-Land!
    Laura Scharp
    SoCalGal - Defender of end user response times!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

qa slueth other things to consider are: look for speakers and regardless of how big a name they are speak to them if you have an idea or even did not agree with the views in a talk - most of us do not bit and we can get lonely if no one talks to us.
    Use the contacts board to get messages to people worth doing and speak to any vendor who intrest you they like to build relationships whilst there as well as make sales.
    Oh and there are speakers tables (mainly highlighted to key notes, featured speakers and those that have done books) so it is worth getting to chat...
    also try the mouse ears and the theme park it is fifty years this year and as a delegate you get reduced priced twilight tickets so you get to see the fire work shows, for less then usual.
    also watch out for a long haired bearded brit buying the stock at the bookstall - i save a fortune buying them over there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] even with the excess baggage charge!

Laura you mean you cannot heckle me? Alright! Now who else do I need to knobble prior to the talk?
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Before I answer, what does "knobble" mean?

- Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Are parking meters installed on I-5 and I-10 yet? I hear the traffic jams cause vehicles to be at a stand-still for significant amounts of time; enough time to charge for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast