My company has asked me to start testing on Crystal Reports. I have never seen or worked with Crystal Reports and they are aware of this. We are currently in the process of upgrading from version 5 to version 10.
I know the content of the reports itself has to be tested and verified to ensure that the correct data is being returned but apart from that I was just wondering where should my testing be focused upon!? What areas are likely to get effected by the upgrade!? Has anyone done any testing on Crystal Reports upgrades before!? Can someone please help me!?
Shortly after posting this message, I went to the scheduled meeting. The developers upgrading Crystal Reports were very helpful. They listed the following areas for testing:
1) Data Integrity Checks
2) Export Functionality and Formats
3) The Offline Function
4) Various Type of Reports - Some reports have unique characters etc
5) GUI and Functionality - for end users to make sure nothing has changed, if so try to revert it back to what it was and make is User Friendly as possible
6) New functionality offered in v10.
7) Any current links offered in internal systems and websites referring to Crystal Reports.
Most of the reports are automated and generation of manual reports is far and few between.
Given the above, does anyone know any other areas which would require testing?
Test if the reports are to be run in different formats of report viewer(PDF, HTML, JAVA Console, Excel, Active-X Components) whether the new configurations is working fine and is not hindering the finctioning in all forms.
...but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.