| || |
Requirements for Test Management Tool
Our test group is looking to acquire a Test Management Tool. I have been given the task of writing requirements and evaluating open source and off the shelf tools. The group is only interested in finding a tool to manage the test plans and test execution. They are not interested in automation testing at this moment.
My questions are:
1) Where do I start with the requirements?
2) Since they are not interested in automation, do I still need to consider what platforms, operating systems, etc, the software to be tested utilizes?
3) What should I consider when writing the requiremnts?
I have been researching TestDirector, ApTest Manager, QADirector and Rational Test Manager.
4) Are there any open source tools worth looking at?
5) Are there any other off the shelf product that I should consider?
I have only been with this group/company for 3 months and I have 1 week to come up with the requirements and evaluation. Therefore, any other suggestion on how to begin this task is greatly appreciated.
Re: Requirements for Test Management Tool
Go over to the Download page and into the Templates area. There you will find a tool built in Excel (templates and whitepaper) that will give you a start. It is not a list of requirements, but a functional tool that you can use and model for a full blown tool later on.