| || |
best hardware configuration for handling 15000 users
I need to know what will be the minimal and the best configuration for the web server that can sacle upto 15,000 users. The Amount of concurrent users can be 5000 for peak and 1000 as average.
Does any one know where can we find information about the hardware configuration required for some user load or is there any reports available that shows that with this particular CPU, RAM and ...etc the server can scale upto this many users concurently.
If anyone has come accros this kind of information then please give us.
Thanks in advance
Re: best hardware configuration for handling 15000 users
This all depends on what the users are doing.
You could potentially serve 15000 users with a small linux based apache server if all they do is get one 1 KB page once and the disconnect.
On the other side of the scale, that same machine could be just sufficient for up to 10 users if these users need large pages and a lot of processing time (scripts, procedures) on the server.
Therefore you cannot get a solid advice at this point right now.
What you need to do is:
* Understand the usage of your potential users
* Create a simulation that incorporates that usage model and lets you execute this for a fairly large number of users (starting from a low number and climbing to the maximum the system can carry)
* While running your test, collect system monitoring data and response data.
* Find out at which user level your test machine is running out of steam
* You can apply some basic extrapolation to come the amount of machines (or size of machine) for your anticipated load.
In short: You need to do some significant amount of work.