Thread: RFP information

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

RFP information

My company has decided it's time to move forward with automated testing tools. Never having used them, I'm in a quandry as to what to look for a tool and which ones work best with ORACLE.

I'm wondering if anyone has request for proposal templates that they would be willing to share.

We are a software developement shop, that has a large ERP system including an integrated payroll, (over 1400 forms) all developed using Oracle Developer 6i and we are about to migrate to 9i.

I percive the initial tests we create will be record and play back, for UI standards and simple field verification, but I need the tool to be able to grow with us, which in my mind is doing database queries to verify column values.....

Just as an added extra, we are also creating new applications in JSP's using oracle tools.

I have check the forum, and can't find anyting regarding Oralce 6i or 9i. I would really appreciate anyones input on this even if you don't have a template to share.

Thanks
    Lizzie

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: RFP information

Hi Lizzie,

You'll want to check out the automated Testing section of this forum. There's been alot of information posted about the different automated test tools, including links to a comparative analysis of the tools. Rational Robot, Mercury Winrunner and Silk Test are currently at the top of the market.

Most of the automated tools currently available, will do Oracle. You'll need to figure out, through research and product demos which one suits your style and your application best.

Hope that helps,

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Its not too clear what you are looking for, Lizzie. An RFP template - as in a consultancy proposing to take up work - or one from a company thats inviting tool vendors ?

------------------
    Suresh Nageswaran, CQA, CSTE
    Lead Consultant
    Kanbay Inc.
    Pune, India.
    punekar@yahoo.com
    Suresh Nageswaran, CQA, CSTE
    Lead Consultant
    Kanbay Inc.
    Pune, India.
    sureshnageswaran@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The type of template would be for evauluting the tools - so it would be a vendor template. This is to help evaluate the tools before we purchase.

Thanks
    Lizzie

------------------