Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Common (Testing) mistakes

As in many other areas, the WEB is full with sites describing "common", "classic", "top 10" mistakes in testing, but it seems that nobody care to read them.

I saw several posts from people who started a QA process in an organization, and they asked for advide what to do first.

In my opinion, one of the most important things to do at the begining, is to be aware about common mistakes in that specific area, in order to avoid them. There is no point to make same mistakes, which are well known and documented.

People usualy learn more from failure than from succes, but is more efficient to learn from other's failure.

Maybe it would be useful to have in the FAQ forum, posts with common mistakes in different areas, or a permanent post at the begining of every forum (after forum guidelines).

------------------
    If you need a reason to be happy - FIND IT, don't wait it !
    Don't worry, be Happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Thanks,
    Tim Van Tongeren

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Common (Testing) mistakes

Daniel_S

testgeek reference is not bad. I would add a few to the list that the author has missed. One common mistakes:

Who is the Customer:

For internal development the SW soemtimes acts like a world to themselves and forgets who the customer is.

User acceptance:

User Acceptance testing is by far the most poorly conducted testing, with few in the industry who really know how it should be done.

Configuration Management

Testers often fail to appreciate the need for CM

Vertical Testing

Too many testers conduct vertical functionaly base testing which usually generates very few bugs.

There are many more specifics I could go into but I will stop here.

------------------
    Robert Tehve
    rtehve@bigpond.com
    Robert Tehve
    rtehve@bigpond.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Common (Testing) mistakes

thanks testgeek,

As I wrote, the WEB is full of "common mistakes" and the kink you recommended is a good example (in fact, I've got this link after my first search, on the first page).
    My ideea was to post some commom mistakes somehow, somehow, to be seen by everybody.
    Maybe that link could be a good start, but I don't know if the rest of forum members whould be interested to add theirs observations from theirs experience.
    If yes, I could compile all the posts into one list.

------------------
    If you need a reason to be happy - FIND IT, don't wait it !
    Don't worry, be Happy!