Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What makes a QA

Hi All .

What is the requisite for a person to call himself as a good software quality assurance professional in the market .
    Though it is commonly said that Quality Control is contained within Quality Assurance , I am somehow inclined to relate a QA only to the processes rather than testing techniques which I feel are in the domain of a Test Engineer.
    What do others feel abt this?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: What makes a QA

Rajesh,
    You are right. Ideally, QA is related to processes and QC to testing. I have a feeling that many organizations have misunderstood this concept. However, this can also be justified by clearly distinguishing QA into two segments:
    1) Product QA
    2) Process QA

But conceptually, you are perfectly right.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by sanalmenon (edited 04-27-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Rajesh.

The term QA in Software Development Life Cycle is very crucial since....
    1.The QA is a person to prepare required QA plans related to the project and to the company.
    2.He should be updated to latest technological and Quality wise changes,and he should be well equipped with ISO information and in all quality aspects.

and finally I can say...
    3.A QA might be a Testing engineer also..i.e.,he will be Testing the different projects and at the same time he is responsible for designing QA plans.

It variates from one company to company.

That's all I can say...I welcome other's views and opinions.

Regards.
    Peter..

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Peter ,
    thanks for your valuable reply . regarding the role of qa u are absolutely right , though we say that qa is project adherent it is definetely in the scope of each concern . As a matter of fact , I'm involved more in testing rather than processes though i'm entitled as a QA .there are several constratints in various concerns as a result each concern is forced to redefine the role of qa as they wish .
    Nothing much can be done abt this , but my concern was abt which perspective is right ?.
    Eventhough i do a lot of test engineering even as a qa , i still beleive that qa is suppose to be process oriented rather than testing.
    In brief the role of qa gets altered in each company according to their will and as a result qa's i'd would say are widely under utilized.
    others can share their views on this .

------------------