Algorithms testing

Does anybody have any ideas about algorithms testing? May by any tools?

Re: Algorithms testing

Assuming I understand your question, what I've done in the past is to independently create an algorithm either via a program or script, or within a spreadsheet program to perform the same calculations as specified for the system under test(SUT). Then the test consists of setting the same pre-conditions and inputs for my "oracle" program/spreadsheet and the SUT, and verifying that the oracle and the SUT come up with the same answer for a variety of test cases (exercising minimum, maximum, and typical values as well as special values such as zero and null/blank). This can sometimes get a little messy with floating point arithmetic, as different software/processors may get fractionally different answers, even though the algorithms are both "correct".

Charles Reace

web site | [url=http://www.ebookworm.us/[/url]

[i]...Sound trumpets! Every trumpet in the host! / Sixty thousand, on these words, sound, so high the mountains sound, and the valleys resound.</i] (The Song of Roland)

Re: Algorithms testing

In additional may be you will have to create the flow graph for your algorithm. In this case you can use some tools

It doesn’t matter whether a cat is black or white so long as it catches mice
    It doesn’t matter whether a cat is black or white so long as it catches mice