Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QA Presentations

If you are headinga QA department for a software company and were asked to do a presentation to your company's clients as to what you do, how would you do a presentation? Everybody knows about the daily stuff that goes on in a QA department. So what would your slides show? Your internal process? Are there any sites which give a brief outline? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QA Presentations

You may want to look at the presentation "Evolution of Automated testing at BNSF" which can be found at http://QACenterUserGroup.tripod.com/Documents.html
    This presentation was given for senior management at BNSF, STAR West 2001, and at the QA Users Group meeting.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions as I contributed a great deal to this presentation.

Thanks,

Pete

------------------
    Pete
    psid001@aol.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iglobal:
    If you are headinga QA department for a software company and were asked to do a presentation to your company's clients as to what you do, how would you do a presentation? Everybody knows about the daily stuff that goes on in a QA department. So what would your slides show? Your internal process? Are there any sites which give a brief outline? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you asking about Quality Assurance or Software/system Testing? The answer to that will help us point you in the right direction.

------------------
    JP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would be interested to know about the Quality Assurance presentation.
    Suruchi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorry about the delay in getting back. What I need to present to the clients is how software is tested and what processes we carry out to bring them a bug free/reduced bug product? I needed to know what kind of slides or information do you pass on to them? Do you tell them about the usual regression testing, and other kinds of tests carried out?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iglobal:
    Sorry about the delay in getting back. What I need to present to the clients is how software is tested and what processes we carry out to bring them a bug free/reduced bug product? I needed to know what kind of slides or information do you pass on to them? Do you tell them about the usual regression testing, and other kinds of tests carried out?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recommend describing your processes for preventing defects (QA) along with the processes used for detection of defects (QC - testing).

------------------
    JP

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Talk about any recent process improvement and provide some figures (and graphs) to back your improvements.

Management love stats!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Very Interesting...

My suggestion is to use the SDLC as your model for implementation of quality. With the different phases of development there is some form of quality assurance implemented. From there you have a basic flow...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpensyl:
    I recommend describing your processes for preventing defects (QA) along with the processes used for detection of defects (QC - testing).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would suggest adding the whole lifecycle of the bugs u find....i.e., not just detecting them but how r they handled till they the time they r closed.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpensyl:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would suggest adding the whole lifecycle of the bugs u find....i.e., not just detecting them but how r they handled till they the time they r closed.

------------------