| || |
Can U Plz help me in carrying out IVR ( Interactive Voice Recognition ) testing plz..
What are the basic requirements for doing IVR testing.
Are there any tools to do IVR testing ?
Help me QA's
Re: IVR Testing
Are you testing software that implements IVR scripts or are you testing a specific implementation of an IVR script?
If you are testing the software that implements the scripts, then you will need to create several scripts that do all the different functionality the software reports. This functionality might include:
- speaking a single phrase
- speaking multiple phrases
- formatting and speaking dates
- formatting and speaking money amounts
- formatting and speaking individuals letters and numbers
- inputing single digit numbers
- inputing multiple digit numbers
- inputing spoken phrases
- logical branching based on user input
- logical branching based on stored data
- logical branching based on multiple variables
- verify that data is stored properly in the back-end database
In this scenario, error handling testing would include
- what happens when a phrase that is used in a script is deleted?
- what happens when a user does not respond?
- what happens when a script is in use, but altered?
You will also do maintenance activities like:
- change the script logic and ensure that the script actually changed as specified.
- change a phase and verify that the system speaks the new phrase
- run reports on activity, statistics
- verify interfaces with donstream systems (order fulfillment, billing, etc..)
- use the collected data in the downstream systems
- is there a way to automatically test new IVR scripts?
If you are testing a specific implementation of an IVR script then your job is much easier. Basically, you can build a flowchart of the call flow and all possible branches. With this you can ensure that your tests go down each path. Then you would also test the boundaries of each variable inputted in the script, any formatting on repeated information (dates, money, etc..) and error conditions related to this specific script (such as invalid choices based on the user account - like transferring $100 from checking to savings when checking has less than $100 dollars.)
This is just a little taste of what you need to do. Do you have any further specific questions?