User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Diagrams in MTP

Points for Confirmed Friends

Diagrams in MTP

Hi,

What kind of diagrams should go in to Master Test plan apart from -test environment configuration diagrams?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Diagrams in MTP

That's up to you.

Your master test plan can include as much detail as you want to cover. Part of mine has an explanation of the QA process and QA terminology (this part is really for our clients). I have some diagrams to enhance these sections.

What major topics are going to be included in your master test plan? And of those which ones will diagrams help explain what is being discussed?

------------------
    Jordan Gottlieb
    Qualitech Solutions, Inc.
    jgottlieb@qualitechsolutions.com
    Jordan Gottlieb
    Senior Consultant, Orasi Software
    Twitter: @JG_QA

In general, my motto is, "Pictures good, words bad." Any time a diagram can either explain what you're trying to say better than words can, or as well as words but in less space, go with the diagram (assuming that creating that diagram doesn't take inordinately longer than writing the text would - and scanners are pretty cheap now).

------------------
    Charles Reace

Software Testing (n): 1. The art of trying to increase your confidence in a piece of software by finding everything that is wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

creace says:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Any time a diagram can either explain what you're trying to say better than words can, or as well as words but in less space, go with the diagram<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. It also doesn't hurt if you can impress your client with a grand and glorious technicolor document. If QA is handing out detail oriented documents, imagine what they're doing to improve the software.

------------------
    Jordan Gottlieb
    Jordan Gottlieb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jgottlieb:
    creace says:
    Agreed. It also doesn't hurt if you can impress your client with a grand and glorious technicolor document. If QA is handing out detail oriented documents, imagine what they're doing to improve the software.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd hate to try to form an opinion about QA's ability to improve the software based on the number of colored charts in their documents.

Be careful not to spend a lot of time on fluff.

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerj@aol.com)
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

joe says:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Be careful not to spend a lot of time on fluff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say fluff. The stuff I've got in my documents didn't take forever and a day to make. Yeah, you have to prioritize what's *important*. Like beating the stuffing out of your builds. But it can't hurt to have something look nice if you've got the time and the ability to get the diagrams and charts into the document.

------------------
    Jordan Gottlieb
    Jordan Gottlieb

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.
    I will ammend them for i feel they will enhance my MTP's.

------------------