Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Dreamweaver Browser Target Compatibility

OK, I'm thinking of forwarding idea's to management about using the above feature to produce reports of browser compatibility, before web pages are moved from the development environment to the next, thus saving time within the next environment. Has anyone any experience of using this tool on a regular occassion at all? Feedback appreciated, or any other suggestions which would make me look super human.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dreamweaver Browser Target Compatibility

Took a look at this myself briefly a while back with a view to making myself look superhuman too...

The best advice I can give you is to download an eval copy of Dreamweaver (http://www.macromedia.com/download), give the HTML validation tool a run over your web site and see what the results kind of results are produced.

I gave it a run over our simplest login page and it highlighted two elements not compatible in any version of IE or Netscape. Basically these were extra properties of standard HTML objects which seemed to have been added by developers and worked, but just weren't known as standard properties by IE.

So faced with so many potentially bogus errors being reported, I decided it might be more trouble than it was worth, especially since this was the simplest page going.

That said, that was just in my environment and it might work very differently in yours, so give it a try...

Also, check out: http://validator.w3.org which may be of some use.

Automatrix

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dreamweaver Browser Target Compatibility

Thanks for that feedback. Super human response!! Anyone else had any experiences with this?

Thanks,

S.

------------------