Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test management tool

I am looking for a tool to contain my test cases in a database of some sort. In the past I have used TestDirector and am looking for similar functionality. The catch is I can only spend little or no money.

Anyone have any suggestions.

------------------

Points for Confirmed Friends

Re: Test management tool

TCM (Test Case Manager) is one such possibility. It's really only useful for a small testing group as it's based on Access database. Do a search through the forum and you should be able to find more info about this tool.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am also in the same boat but the only FREEWARE tool I have come across is TCM.

I have done numerous searches and can't believe that this is the only tool of this type around!

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

look into www.qasync.com

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have tried installing the qasync on win2000 with JRE 1.4.0 and the run.bat always fail, I think the syntax is wrong on that batch file .. if anyone has installed qasync on windows , or is a DOS command line guru , please let me know if the run.bat archive that comes with qasync has the right syntax or if I need some special condition to fulfill before running that command , I already set the JAVA_HOME to be the directory where jdk is installed , any other tip will be useful .

------------------
    Jose Leonardo R.

[This message has been edited by leonet (edited 09-20-2002).]
    Jose Leonardo R.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

leonet,
    I had no problem with installing QASync, I just followed the qasync-install.txt file - runned the exe file and then opened the program in the Internet Explorer..I did install this on XP - what happens to yours?