Standalone application with jenkin
I need your guidance fro you.
Anybody has ever done standalone application (windows based dev in c/c++) using pyhon?
Which tool to use and also want integration with jenkins.
What do you mean by "done"?
I wan to automate standalone GUI & backend (CLI based/shell based) with common language.
Also automation suites should be run using Jenkins. Is this possible?
So here are my questions...
1) Can python do GUI automation for windows based application? Which tool to use for object identification and all...
2) Is this possible to automation using more than one tool/language independently and then execute them from jenkins or some driver scripts in jenkins?
These are my ques.
1) how to identify GUI components (for windows based app) using python for automation
2) Can we do automation using more than one tool/technology and execute then from jenkins?
3) Jenkins provides any drier scripts functionality to handle suite execution and present its status (pass/fail) ?
Hi Let me tell my problem.
We have two team Dev - using c/c and QA Automation - want to use python for automation.
Now we need to build automation FW for it.
Dev uses jenkins for build process. My Que is..
1) Can we use python for standalone GUI application. How to identify controls. I mean how to spy them...
2) Can we use jenkins to trigger automation suites (written in Python) on remote machine? How?
all are on windows environment....
Why wouldn't you consider a tool such as QTP, which does have a command line interface that Jenkins can leverage as well as an interface to ALM for Jenkins?
But it is very expensive. Also we need to build similar test cases on mac/linux as well.. so some common platform/language we need to get...